Wednesday, January 27, 2010

IT'S BEEN TOO LONG!

So it's almost humorous how long it's been since we've posted on this blog. Since the last post, SO MUCH has happened!

1. Renee graduates from nursing school and lands her dream job at Banner Good Samaritan in the cardiovascular intensive care unit.



I am now officially Renee Chavez, RN, BSN. Since then, I have completed my orientation and am now completely on my own. It's SCARY but I absolutely love it! I am currently working night shift, which pretty much stinks with sleeping. Miguel and I don't get to see each other as much, but we absolutely appreciate every second we get to spend together now. I slowly learning to trust myself, even in scary code situations. I had my first patient code. It was TERRIFYING! But I'm glad I went straight into the ICU. I like the challenge, and I enjoy learning so much every day! I have an awesome mentor who is there for me every step of the way, as well as a group of fellow new grads who work on the same unit with me. We have lunch every once in a while to exchange stories and support! Life as a nurse is, well, interesting and eventful, but most important, extremely rewarding! More to come!



2. Miguel graduates from ASU with his Masters in Business! He is now officially Master Miguel!



After graduation, Miguel continues to work at Vanguard. He likes his job, but was getting inpatient with the lack positions available that would allow him to move up in the company. Well, his hard work and patience have officially paid off and he got a promotion! He's officially a Team Leader!!!! He supervises about 10 people. He is SO PATIENT and SO INTELLIGENT. I KNOW he is an amazing supervisor! I can't wait to see him grow in his career in the coming years! Hopefully I can get him to post on this blog as well so you can learn more from his perspective during his first year as a supervisor!

3. Pablo graduated from the University of North Texas!



We are sooooo proud of my little brother! He is currently teaching music at a local studio and playing in 2 bands. One of them is on itunes and getting ready to play in a major music festival with the Flaming Lips called NX35. You should seriously check them out! More to come on his band.

4. Renee and Miguel take over Europe! Miguel and I were lucky enough to get to visit: Paris, Rome, Venice, Greece, Croatia and Turkey! It was AMAZING! We had a blast getting to spend so much time together! More pictures to come!



Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with this blog now that school is over for both of us!

No comments: