Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A very special gift from Pablo

A very special gift was also given to us by my brother Pablo. He recorded the 3 songs he played at our wedding and gave them to us on a CD. My brother is one of the best guitarists I've ever heard. Not just because he's my favorite little brother and one of my best friends in the whole world, or because I love him dearly, or because he is the kind of person I want to be someday, but because he really is an AMAZING guitarist. This gift really meant a lot to us, because it reminds us of how special our wedding day really was. He wrote two of the songs just for us, and they are just beautiful. He learned and played the song "Romance" for us as well. I can't help but cry when I hear it. He's always been a hero to me not only because he has always been there for me, but also because of his good heart, how smart he is, and how much he just absolutely loves his family and would do anything for us. He's used his musical talent for such good. He taught guitar for a year and a half, and also donated hundreds of hours to putting together a charity concert in El Paso for the Invisible Children network, which benefits the children of Africa. He invited his band from Dallas, as well as other El Paso bands to perform for a large audience outside a coffee house, and got the manager of the coffee house to donate the money he made that night to the charity. He had to organize the entire thing, along with his friend Kyla, which involved contacting the charity leaders and having them send 100 shirts, DVD's, and bracelets. The benefits of the t-shirts, etc, sales also went straight to the charity. He showed a short clip about the cause in the middle of the show and gave a beautiful speech about why we were all there, bringing everybody to tears. He worked so hard, and was paid nothing. He was happy knowing he was doing his part to help the Invisible Children. He raised well over $1,000 dollars and sent it straight to the organization. There was a story about Pablo and the charity in the news paper, and he plans to do much more charity work in the future.

This is only one of the INFINITE reasons why my little brother is one of the most amazing people I have ever had the privilege to have in my life.

I love you Pooky. Miguel and I love you. Thank you for being you.

1 comment:

The Jessups said...

Hey! Fun blog! And what a great brother. :) I'm so sorry we never caught up in AZ! Between Stone being sick and running around to all my family, we were kept quite busy!! Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years!

Kendal